Editor Search Open for Reading Research Quarterly
The International Literacy Association (ILA) invites applications from qualified members for the editorship of Reading Research Quarterly (RRQ). The deadline for applications is Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
About RRQ: This premier, peer-reviewed research journal publishes the highest quality research on reading and literacy for and by scholars around the world and fosters connections among researchers to build a coherent knowledge base in reading and literacy across geographic and intellectual borders.
About the editorship: The prestigious RRQ editorship is a two-person team of either two coeditors or an editor and an associate editor. These volunteer positions have a term of six years: The first overlaps with the current editorial team, and subsequent years constitute the volumes for which the new editors provide material.
- Term: August 1, 2017–June 30, 2023
- Volumes: 54–58, publishing January 2019–October 2023
To apply: Qualified two-person teams may apply. Applicants must be ILA members who are recognized experts and leading researchers in the field of literacy education. They must also demonstrate a commitment to translating sound research into practice.
Candidates should carefully review the Overview of Journal Editorship: Reading Research Quarterly and the Application for Editorship of Reading Research Quarterly. In addition to the completed application document, candidates must submit the following by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern) on February 15, 2017:
- A cover letter.
- A full curriculum vitae for each member of the applicant team.
- A letter from each team member's institution indicating the level of institutional support offered should the team be successful. (If both members are from the same institution, a single letter covering both applicants is sufficient.)
Key dates in the application process are as follows:
- February 15, 2017 - Phase I application deadline.
- March 13, 2017 - Applicants notified whether they will move on to Phase II and assigned an editorial task if so.
- April 5, 2017 – Phase II assignments due.
- April 26, 2017 – Finalists notified.
- June 5–9, 2017 - Finalist interviews held at ILA headquarters in Newark, DE.
Questions? Please contact Shannon Fortner, Director of Educational Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 302-731-6978.